The objective of the FADAMA project is to increase the incomes of Fadama users (farmers, pastoralists, fishers, hunters, gatherers, and service providers).
How Fadama Helps:
- It provides rural finance through the Nigerian Agricultural Co-operative and Rural Development Bank.
- It develops the interests of the private sector in agriculture by contracting private organizations to support farmers with advisory and technical services.
- It offers support for small-scale infrastructure rather than large-scale infrastructure by empowering rural communities to take charge of their development agenda.
- It encourages its users to be proactive by ensuring that they select their own agricultural research and advisory services, rather than supplying them through government channels alone.
- It helps with the availability, accessibility, and sustainability of financial services in areas served under Fadama.