Sponsored by the United States, the West Africa Trade Hub works to increase exports of regional products and stimulate job creation in West Africa through increased investment in growth sectors. The West Africa Trade Hub promotes the following sectors:
- Processed shea
The West Africa Trade Hub functions in the following capacities:
- Provides technical assistance for fish and sea food farmers through the preparation for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certification.
- Founded the West African Sustainable Seafood Alliance (WASSDA), an industry body for the prevention of overfishing and other environmentally unsafe practices.
- Makes farmers aware of trade shows and exhibitions like the Boston Seafood Show and the European Seafood Exposition.
- Offers assistance with the increase of exports of agricultural products like raw kernels, semi-processed and finished cashew.
- Facilitates investments and financing for working capital.
- Offers technical advice to cashew processing facilities.
- Acts as secretariat for the African Cashew Alliance, a body aimed at raising export volumes and increasing both farmers’ incomes and national income.
Mr. David Malomo Aderibigbe
Nig-Amer Chamber of Commerce
Phone Number: (234)1 269 3041