Skip to Secondary Navigation
Skip to Main Content
Tips for Students Applying for Scholarships
- When searching for scholarships, nothing is trash; search everywhere—newspapers, magazines, online.
- It is advisable to join your state association or body in school as they always have access to scholarship information.
- A good academic record is very important.
- It is also necessary to have your accompanying documents like state of origin and date of birth certificates available especially for government awards.
- Keep in touch with lecturers and mentors that can readily write recommendation letters for you.
- Read the requirements very well and follow the instructions.
- Verify that the supporting documents are complete.
- Write a very impressive application essay.
- Prepare for the interviews with accompanying academic documents.